Sunday, September 9, 2007

WHAT'S UP DOC?




"What's Up Doc?"

I enjoyed this one because most of the characters in the movie remind me of people I know. Not a lot of people like this movie because the humor is not sophisticated or clever, plus Barbra Streisand is an acquired taste.

But I have to say Madeline Kahn's performance as Eunice Burns was the best part of this movie!

My favorite scene was when Eunice come screaming into a dinning room crying for her boyfriend ( played by Ryan O'Neil).

Everyone in the room was stunned, then t he host, played by Austin Pendleton (he was another wonderful character in this movie)... turns to Ryan O'Neil and says -"WHO IS THAT DANGEROUSLY UNBALANCED WOMAN?"



3 Comments:

Blogger shelley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 9, 2007 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger shelley said...

My friend Tom loves this movie so much that he named his dogs (both pugs) Howard Bannister ( http://www.dogster.com/dogs/38661 ) and Frederick Larrabee.

September 9, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Ray Danton said...

Yes, this modernization of "Bringing Up Baby" the Cary Grant/Katharine Hepburn screwball vehicle from the early third of last century is indeed a veritable laff riot. I haven't seen it in years but whelps and whoops and tears laughing their way down my glistening cheeks are affixed in my memory.

September 10, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home