Wednesday, October 17, 2007

JAWS





JAWS-

The first time I saw this Spielberg classic it scared the heck out of me, mainly is the severed head popping out atRichard Dreyfuss under water! But now over 30 years later, I truly enjoy this film for the effects and the of course the humor!

No need to go into much detail on the plot of this movie, I just really like how dated it looked with the leisure suits and the beach hicks. The scene when Mrs. Kintner (her little boy was eaten by a shark) goes up to Rob Scheinder she says : Chief Brody?
Brody: Yes?
She gives him a powerful smack across the face! I would give anything to witness something like that in real life!

The relationship between the 3 characters is hilarious! Richard Dreyfuss is not one of my favorite actors, his characters often remind me something out of a Woody Allen picture, very pompus, intelligent and very Jewish. Here in "Jaws" it's very refreshing to see that kind of personality in a boat trapped with a character link Quint, played by Robert Shaw. Shaw's character is like something out of a novel or an old 40's black and white movie, kind of those heros that speaks very few words but with a body full of scars to show for experience.

The conversations are great and rest of the towns people are really so down to earth. The fake shark seems kind of dated now that we have technology to bring dinasaurs to life, but it is still part of the charm of this film. At moments I do get that sense of terror and fear along with the main characters, which is something I don't feel today, not because of my advance age, but from the advance technology that make everything look so clean and sanitize that you can actually feel the blue screen the actors are standing in front of...how's that for realism?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home