Tuesday, October 2, 2007

TRUCK TURNER





TRUCK TURNER
-

I'm afraid I am not an expert to write about "Blaxploitation", although I have to say I've enjoyed classics like "Coffy", "Cleopatra Jones" and "Shaft" but these are just the tip of the iceberg. However a friend has turned me on to "Truck Turner" starring Issac Hayes as the title role, Truck is a bounty hunter out to get a drug lord named Gator.

Typical 70's black action feature with a real funky soundtrack that make the audience tap their feet. But the best part of this movie was the Oscar worthy performance by Nichelle Nichols as Dorinda, a Hollywood madame. Everyone know Nichelle's character Lt. Uhura, on "Star Trek" the TV show. That gig has made her a pop culture icon, but not a lot of folks has seen her wonderful acting ability until you see her in this movie.

With Farah Fawcett hair and heavy make up, Dorinda is one tough b-*-t-c-h to the streets but she takes good care of her girls as she warns them : "Those two b*tches that left - they had better learn to sell pu**y in Iceland because if I ever see them again I'm gonna cut their f***in' throats! We are family... and that's what we're gonna stay. Now I got important business out there today. And when I call you, I want you to come out there and shake your a$$es proper! You hear? Hah? Now get out there and make it look good! And Raquel, take that f***in' jacket off! Move it!"

I was in awe as I see her introduce her merchandise belting out lines like: "We call her Turnpike, cuz you gotta pay to get on and pay to get off! They call her Colonel Sanders because she's finger lickin' good. "


If you see any part of this movie this scene is not to miss! How can the Oscar people pass this up? How is this any different from a Tarantino film? Issac Hayes is pretty good in here too, as he enters the room a swarm of hookers approach him screaming "Check out that big piece of chocolate cake!"

A great romantic scene with Truck picking up his girlfriend from jail, he greets her with beer as she yells at him: Annie: So, this is your idea of a good night, huh. Get me drunk and then sc*ew me.
Truck Turner: Okay, okay, we'll get something to eat first.
- First class romance!

There's also a scene in Tarantino's "Jackie Brown" that he literally lifted from this film: a telephone ring and rings at Gator's hideout until Gator's girlfriend says "Gator aren't you going to answer that ?'
Gator: "That's your job you pick up that g*ddamn telephone you dumb b*tch!"
Girlfriend (reluctantly) : "Hello....I think it's for you!"
Gator: "How the hell could be for me!? Jive- ass broad! SPEAK!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home