Saturday, May 23, 2009

SANTA CLAUS AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY





SANTA CLAUS AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY-1972

A review by Robolly and friends:


Wow, I'd heard about this thing, but never saw any of it -- Just shows you: All you need is a camera, ratty costumes, and an old firetruck, and you can show Hollywood a thing or two about making movies (or create HELL ON EARTH).

L- This is quite possibly the worst movie ever made. Really, it makes Plan 9 look like f***ing Citizen Cane. I think all those kids were dosed w/ quaaludes before the shoot (and possible the crew as well.) Of course I can't take my eyes off of it.
I've never understood why people complain so much about Plan 9. At least it's entertaining, who cares if it's cheap and cheezy? I can easily sit through it; there are lots of movies I simply can't stand. I'd rather watch Plan 9 five times in a row than watch "Eyes Wide Shut" once!

Hell I'd sit through Plan 9 twenty times before I'd ever watch "Interview w/a Vampire" or "The X-Men" movie again. I've seen much much worse, but I think the status of P9FOS as the worst film of all time is really hyperbole and a perverse kind of media invention to give people a sense of belonging to an exclusive when they can declare that they've sat through the enitre thing. I remember my dad actually calling me on the phone to proudly tell me he watched it. Imagine it done w/ X-Mens budget - chances are it would be considered a sci-fi classic then "Santa Claus VS. The Martians" - now there's something pretty unwatchable unless you do the MST3000 version.

JS- As you very well know, I liked "Eyes Wide Shut" so I take nth degree offence at your deliberate smear of my inestimably
questionable taste!
---Kubrick Khan from Zanaxdu

P- (Heh, I knew I'd hear from someone on that!) I did not know this about thee, Mr. Khan from Zanaxdu (or is it Zanaxdon't), Son of Kubrick's Rube! With all due respect, I stand by my statement, but of course it's only my opinion and matters little in the greater scheme of things, yours very sincerely,
MoPammed of the Mountain


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home