Monday, March 15, 2010

A WOMAN UNDER THE INFLUENCE- 1974



A WOMAN UNDER THE INFLUENCE - 1974


Hey moldster movie mashers, I'm about half afraid to say this out loud because the flick I'm about to mention is so highly revered in film circles, and those who don't care for it are usually told in no uncertain lofty terms that they *sniff* "just don't get it" *sniff* But Tim and I just watched "A Woman Under the Influence" tonight, and I gotta say, P.U.!!
I tried to find hilarity in its over-the-topness (plenty of that goin' on!). I agree that Ms. Rowlands is incredibly talented, and yes, I "got" it (what's there to "get"? - it ain't rocket science). I got it, but I didn't want it! And that ending, eeeee. Non-stop pathos for 2 1/2 hours (with Cassavettes' mommy as the mother-in-law, yet), then they slap us with that annoying flippant cutesy music at the end?? Good lord. If y'all adore it, apologies, and we can agree to disagree, heh! I just can't remember the last time I watched such a highly-acclaimed movie that I so disliked, and I thought I'd get others' opinions on it. Some of the clothes and the cars were pretty cool ... Oooh, the intellectuals love me! Now, let's see, where did I put that F Troop box set ...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home