Friday, September 14, 2007

REAR WINDOW






REAR WINDOW-

I LOVE THIS MOVE!! From the giant fake indoor outdoor set to the mini-dramas inside each one of the apartments to the funny characters and beautiful Grace Kelly! I can't decide if I like this more or "The Birds" both Hitchcock classics! But as you know by now I may not love this movie for right reasons as most normal folks do.

I find it hard to believe a hot number like Grace Kelly, who plays a super model in this film is so totally in love with a nerd like Jimmy Stewart, a freelance magazine photographer who prefers taking pictures in a war zone in the middle east over spending time snogging his hot girlfriend in his SoHo apartment.

This movie is supported by a cast of wonderful miscellaneous characters like: Miss Torso, the so called ballerina, who parades around in her apartment in her bra and panties while stuffing herself with a turkey leg and peanut butter on toast, and the hard drinking Miss Lonely Hearts having a pretend date with her invisible lover, along with the crazy couple who sleeps out side on the fire escape, and the nosey sculptress in her garden apartment, plus the struggling song writer played by Ross Bagdasarian the creator of Alvin and The Chipmunks!

You wouldn't believe the times I wish I lived in this neighborhood, I find myself scanning across the set trying to pick out an apartment to live in..telling myself things like: "no not this one a murder took place here" or "no not the one with the noisy song writer" or "the one with the lady soprano practicing all the time".... Ultimately I would prefer to be in the same building as Jimmy Stewart's, with a front row center view at Miss Torso and Miss Lonelyhearts. Of course I would find it hard to believe that the timid Lars Thorwald (Raymond Burr) would kill and cut up his wife to a million pieces...but that's exactly the sort of thing that could happen in an artsy fartsy neighborhood like this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home