Friday, September 14, 2007

DEAR HEART




DEAR HEART-
Yep you've probably heard the Oscar winning theme song "Dear Heart" a million times in old time radio, but my favorite version of this Henry Mancini song is the cover by Mrs. Miller. With the low-budget sets and half of the supporting cast were from TV shows like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Bewitched", I was surprised to learn this was a theater release back in 1964. As a matter of fact both Alice Pearce and Sandra Gould the two Mrs. Kravits from "Bewitched" were feature in this movie, it was quite shocking to me, it was like some weird collision of parallel worlds.

Geraldine Page and Glen Ford plays two strangers hooking up at a Greeting Card/Postal Service convention. It's pretty amusing to see all the suggestive comments and orgies played in this film, there was scene where all the middle aged conventioneers were drunk and singing at the hall as Alice Pearce (the original Mrs. Gladys Kravits) shouts "I WANT EVERYONE IN THE ROOM TO GO TO BED!!" or Glenn Ford trying to pick up to woman at the newsstand counter by saying, "You know, I have a psychic thing"...she replies: "Well I don't wanna see it!"

Angela Lansbury has a small part in this movie as Ford's fiancee and Michael Anderson JR plays her beatnik son. I just like this movie for the corny jokes, the retro sets and I really like the apartment Glenn Ford picked for him and his fiancee, right above an Italian cafe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home